In a tragic accident fire broke out in Suresh Mahal Theatre, Chirala, owned by Suresh Daggubati. Fortunately since it was closed for renovations there were no audiences in it and nobody was hurt.
There were a few electricians working in the theatre, when a short circuit resulted in a small fire which soon grew so big that it destroyed all the seats inside the cinema hall. At first there was thick smoke that engulfed the whole theatre and its insides leaving everyone wondering where the fire was really.
The total loss is estimated to be around Rs.2 crores. The insides of the theatre will have to be re-done completely from scratch since the fire left nothing that could be salvaged.